Pleased To Be Your Peterborough Generator Experts!
How Generators Work
Learn How the Automatic Home Stand-by Generator System Works!
Generac home standby generators provide peace-of-mind with an automatic source of energy as soon as a power outage is detected. Permanently installed, the generator starts automatically – whether you’re home or away. Running off your natural gas or liquid propane supply, Generac generators provide you and your family with the security of having your very own Power Plant directly installed to your home!
The system maintains consistent voltage to eliminate voltage spikes and allows the operation of sensitive electronic equipment.
Imagine relief that comes with never having to worry about your home security system without power, whether you’re at home or not?
How about not returning home to a refrigerator full of spoiled food or a flooded basement?
Those are just some of the many benefits you can expect with an automatic home standby generator!
Generac Air-Cooled Standby Generators are a complete line of emergency automatic standby generators for home or businesses that can be installed during new construction or retrofitted into existing structures.
Residential emergency home standby generators are permanently installed outside (similar to an air-conditioning unit) and supply electrical power to all pre-selected lights and appliances, and are powered by either natural gas or LP gas. Models range from 7,000 to 40,000 watts. They work with a matched automatic transfer switch that responds within seconds when utility power shuts down, even when no one is home!
10kW, 14kW, 17kW, 20kW, 22kW Air-Cooled Home Standby Generators
Quiet, powerful Generac OHVI single-cylinder or V-Twin engines fuelled by natural gas or LP gas.
- Individual circuit option or whole house automatic transfer switch
- A standard weather protective enclosure with sound-absorbing panels protects generator from harmful weather. They also reduce exterior noise levels and include key locks for security.
- Hinged top and removable front panel for easy serviceability.
- Built-in charger maintains battery at optimum performance level.
- Automatic safety shutdowns protect engine and generator in event of low oil pressure, high temperature, overspeed and/or over-crank.
- Automatic seven-day exerciser runs the system for twelve minutes weekly to maintain top running condition.
The liquid cooled generators provide higher wattage for larger residential and light commercial needs, up to 48,000 watts. Liquid cooled from 22kW, to 150kW. Also available in 3600 RPM & Ultra Quiet 1800RPM.
Generac generators are emissions-certified for air quality management for all kW levels. System features: Automatic safety shutdowns, main line circuit breaker protection, battery charger, weather protective enclosure.
QuietSource – Offers quiet operation while resisting corrosion. System features: Corrosion resistant, sound-deadening material, engineered air-channeling.
These transfer switches make the difference between truly automatic and just another generator! No toggles to flip, no knobs to turn, no extension cords to run. When you lose power the Guardian system does everything for you!
Standard Transfer Features:
- Install with subpanel
- For custom installations
- Includes only transfer switch
- NEMA 3R (indoor/outdoor)
Service Disconnect features:
- Whole house power applications
- Easy and economical installations
- NEMA 3R (indoor/outdoor)
Please call or email us for details.
Are you prepared to handle a power outage?
- No heat or air conditioning
- No well water
- No home security system
- Your cellphone – useless
- Computers & televisions won’t work
- Refrigerated & frozen food-spoiled
- Pipes: frozen
- Basement: flooded
- Coming home to a disaster if the power goes out while you’re on vacation
Don’t let this happen to you. A Generac Automatic Home Standby Generator System will keep your home and family safe and secure when the outside world is not!